Congratulations on your pregnancy!
For centuries, Acupuncture and Chinese medicine has been supporting healthy pregnancies and childbirth, as well as helping people navigate unwanted symptoms that may arise. By looking at the body and mind as a whole, it offers a different perspective and additional tools to help gain back the positive birth experience we all want.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Spotting and bleeding
- Miscarriage prevention/recovery
- Leg spasms/cramps
- Body pain (back, rib, pelvis, pubic symphysis)
- Breech presentation
- Irritable uterus
- Childbirth preparation/cervical ripening
- Labour induction
- Cesarean section preparation
- VBAC support (vaginal birth after cesarean)
After the baby is born, the shift is understandably moved to the baby. Proper care and attention however, still need to be placed on the tremendous shift that happens after birth to the physical body, the mind, the hormones and the emotional health. The more care that is taken in the first few months postpartum, the stronger, healthier and quicker the recovery. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine have a long history of supporting this recovery.
Postpartum care options:
- ‘Mother warming’ and immediate postpartum recovery
- Cesarean recovery
- After Pains
- Perineal discomfort
- Anxiety and stress
- Postpartum depression
- Insufficient lactation/poor milk supply
- Recurrent mastitis
- Trauma and loss support