Sometimes the path to parenthood is very different than we imagined it would be.
Whether you are proactively preparing for conception or have been trying for years, there are many ways to improve your chances of a healthy pregnancy.
A comprehensive, evidence based approach is the best way to optimize uterine, ovarian and sperm health. Based on the concept that you must nourish the soil before planting the seed, Dr. Emilie uses diet, lifestyle, supplements, acupuncture and Chinese medicine, to ensures that all angles are addressed on the road to conception in order to increase your chances of success.
Over the past 10 years Dr. Emilie has supported over 800 patients trying to conceive naturally and through IVF/IUI. She works closely with Olive, PCRM, Grace and Genesis patients, and has worked onsite for IVF transfers at both Genesis and Olive fertility. Understanding medications, side effects, procedures and the latest protocols for assisted reproductive therapies like IVF, is key to effectively optimizing and supporting success, as well as for understanding the emotional toll that comes along with the process.
In research, acupuncture treatments have demonstrated:
- Increased microcirculation to the ovaries, uterus and testes leading to:
- Improve egg quality
- Improve sperm quality
- Improve uterine lining
- Reduced stress and better management of the ‘fertility rollercoaster’
Treatments can also:
- Address side effects of endometriosis that may hinder fertility
- Regulate menstrual cycles and stimulate ovulation in cases of PCOS
- Reduce the chance of miscarriage
- Improve sperm quality, quantity and motility
- Improve chances of conception in cases of ‘unexplained infertility’
- Improve chances of conception in cases of secondary infertility
- Improve IVF outcomes
- Regular treatments for 3 months leading up to IVF is suggested to help improve egg/sperm quality
- 8-12 treatments leading up to retrieval has shown to increase live birth rates. (2x/week for 4-6 weeks)
- 8 treatments (2x/week for 4-6 weeks) leading up to frozen embryo transfers help improve implantation and pregnancy rates.
Having to just suffer through painful, irregular, heavy or non-existent periods is one of the biggest fallacies out there today. There are many ways to regulate a menstrual cycle and create the period you never thought you could have.
Common reasons for treatment include:
- Absent or irregular menses
- Menstrual pain
- Ovulation pain
- PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)